Monday, July 28, 2014

Dole Whip Recipe


I feel like this post has been a long time coming!  There are so many Dole Whip recipes on the web, and this might not be the first that I try because, like this recipe, they are all so easy.  However, this is where I found the one that I used this time!

The Dole Whip is a Disney staple!  It's basically a cult following, with t-shirts and twitter accounts dedicated to this sweet and refreshing delight!

Of course, that means that if you're anything like me, you're going to crave this delicious (and vegan!) dessert at home!  If so, here's a recipe to try it!


To make one Dole Whip, you will need:
  • 1 1/2 cup frozen pineapple (it won't fit exactly in the cup, but that's accounted for)
  • 1/8 cup almond milk (or, really, any milk)
  • A splash of honey OR 1/4 cup whipped topping (Cool Whip)
You will also need a really high powered blender, or a food processor.  I originally tried to use a Magic Bullet and that did not pulverize the pineapple as necessary, so I pulled out the food processor and, though it took a while to blend it all smooth, it worked beautifully.

All you need to do is put the ingredients in the food processor or blend and blend until smooth.  I put about 1/4-1/2 tsp. of honey in for a little extra sweetness, but you could put more or less based on your taste preference.  Also, if they pineapple isn't blending well, you can add 1 tbsp at a time extra almond milk.


At the end, you will have a soft-serve texture!

Edit: I made the Dole Whip again 3 days later (it was delicious and I am obsessed) but tried it with Cool Whip instead of honey.  IT WAS MAGICAL.  I highly recommend this version, as it did taste more like the Disney version to me.

I put the pineapple mixture in a piping bag with a star tip to squeeze it into my bowl to make it look more fun and fancy, but it will taste just as delicious just scooped into a bowl!

It was SO GOOD.  I reached the end of the bowl before I realized it.

Next time, I might add a little cool whip, since it doesn't have dairy, but you could easily add just a little bit of whip cream as well to make it a little more creamy.

You could also add some coconut rum or spiced rum over the top like they did at the Flower and Garden Festival this year and are beginning to do in Animal Kingdom!
I plan on doing so for my roommates once I go back to college in a month :)

Still it hits that craving for many people's favorite dish at Disney World!











And be sure that you follow me on Pinterest,
And Twitter! (@YADisney20)








No comments:

Post a Comment